Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Sat, May 24th, 2014
    Latest News | By Nagpur Today Nagpur News

    Major fire devours four engineering shops in Lakadganj, loss in lakhs, no injury reported

    Aadesh Electronics, Roshankumar Engineering Works, Jansewak Engineering Fabricators and Maurya Alluminium ravaged by the fire. 600 by 300

    Nagpur News: With mercury rising alarmingly in the blistering summer heat, incidents fire are also being reported in the city rather regularly. The day after the devastating and equally deadly fire that claimed lives of five persons including two kids and devoured property worth lakhs in Ajinkya Plaza, a residential apartment in Gokulpeth, another fire incident ravaged four engineering workshops in Lakadganj area. The intensity of the fire could be gauged from the fact that it reduced the four workshops to heaps of ashes and mangled steel apart from causing other losses to the tune of lakhs of rupees to the owners.

    IMG_9961

    According to information, the fire erupted in Aadesh Electronics, Roshankumar Engineering Works, Jansewak Engineering Fabricators and Maurya Alluminium and subsequently created a scare of unimaginable proportions in the nearby areas. The intense heat of the fire reportedly melted machineries, valuable goods and destroyed important documents. Unfortunately, residences of owners of Jansewak Engineering Fabricators and Maurya Alluminium were situated just behind their business establishments. The houses of both the owners too suffered major damages, according to sourcesIMG_9962

    According to police and sources, the fire broke out in the shop of Adesh Electronics, owned by Uttam Khobragade, Roshankumar Engineering Works, owned by Manoj Raut, Jansewak Engineering Fabricators, owned by Vasu Paraye and Maurya Alluminium, owned by Durgesh Paraye. All the four establishments are situated at Satnami Nagar, Sudarshan Square in Lakadganj area in the city. The reason behind the fire that broke out at about 10.15 am has been attributed to a short circuit. The fire spread so rapidly that within no time it went out of control. The houses of Vasu Paraye and Durgesh Paraye which are situated right behind the shops too were destroyed in the fire.IMG_9973

    According to sources,  a short circuit in the electric meter of Manoj Raut sparked the fire. His shop fabricates iron doors, windows and almirahs and other household items. As soon as they got information of fire, Uttam Khobragade and Manoj Raut rushed to their shops. By that time, all the four shops were in leaping flames. Fire Brigade too was alerted which in dispatched six fire tenders to the spot. The Fire Brigade personnel, with their courage, first took out two domestic gas cylinders from the workshops before dousing the fire. Had the gas cylinders exploded due to the heat of the fire it would have been catastrophic.  After a high-pitched battle, the Fire Department personnel succeeded in controlling the fire. The Fire Brigade also saved a Honda Activa (MH-49/K 4945) from burning down. However, the front portion of the vehicle got melted before it could be saved.

    Luckily, this time there was no report of any human casualties as the family members of both Vasu Paraye and Durgesh Paraye ran from the spot. As soon as the Chairman of the NMC Standing Committee Balya Borkar heard of the news of the fire, he reached the spot with his workers and extended help in dousing the fire. Sources said that the Fire Brigade faced some problems since the fire tenders could not get water from the overhead tanks nearby.

    Coal supplier’s shop escapes the fire:

    A coal supplier’s shop, Manoj Coal Stores and Suppliers, belonging to Prakash Raut and situated very close to the four shops, escaped the raging fire. This shop deals in firewood and coal that was stored in large quantities. Had this shop caught fire too, a major disaster could have occurred since the shop is surrounded by many other shops.

    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145