Published On : Mon, Jul 13th, 2015

Look here now: Guns and school-kids will stay together!


Nagpur:
The Central government has decided to now provide a Z-plus security cover to Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh Sarsanghchalak Dr Mohan Bhagwat. Consequently, a contingent of 60-commandos will be guarding Bhagwat like his shadow. As the RSS headquarters is situated at Nagpur and mostly the RSS chief stays at Nagpur, the security jawans guarding him will also be camping at Nagpur itself.

z-plus1
The Nagpur Municipal Corporation has provided a suitable accommodation to the CISF contingent in Unthkhana area which is close to Reshambagh and Mahal (RSS Hqrs). However, Unthkhana corpporator Yogendra Tiwari (Congress) has objected to such a decision of NMC, pointing out that the ruling party BJP in the NMC has taken such a decision without taking the NMC house into confidence. According to sources, to a letter dated 23.6.2015 written by the CISF (SSG) Dy IG Ajay Choudhary to NMC in connection with provision of suitable accommodation for jawans, the NMC replied on 1.7.2015 that a 492.62 square metre area had been provided in Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Primary School, Unthkhana under necessary permission.

z-plus2
As this fact has surfaced, the opponents in the NMC are taking an aggressive stand. Their main objection is how can the NMC grant permission to CISF jawans in Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar School prior to bringing the matter before the NMC meeting scheduled for July 20.
According to them, the place provided by the NMC at the said school is a place where classes from standards I-IV are held and wherein 37 students are studying at present. The NMC’s logic is that the said school does not have enough strength, and as 37 students are studying at present, against much claimed strength of 250 students, the permission to accommodate the CIFS commandos has been thoughtfully granted. Moreover, the NMC has outlined the annual rental budget of Rs 4,72,915 with 10% annual increase in the rent that would be charged from the Central government. Further, the NMC has clarified that it would not shut down the said primary school, rather it would be upgraded into secondary level school.

z-plus

Rajeev Ranjan Kushwaha (rajeev.nagpurtoday@gmail.com)