Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Fri, Aug 10th, 2018

    In Mumbai School Grade VI Student Dies After Poisoning Due To Medicine, 211 admitted

    A student died due to drug poisoning after medicines were given by the Govandi Municipal School. Till now, nearly 211 students from the Sanjay Nagar School at Govandi have been diagnosed with poisoning. Some students have been rushed to Rajawadi Hospital for treatment whereas some of them have been admitted to the Madan Malviya Hospital in Govandi

    The student is said to have reportedly died due to medicinal infection. The student has been identified as Chandni Sahil Shaikh and was a grade VI Urdu medium student in the Sanjay Nagar Municipal School. As per the reports, the students are given E & N Folic Acid and iron tablets every Monday. Accordingly, the students were given the tablets on August 6 and Chandni too consumed the tablets

    After this, Chandni was absent on Tuesday, August 7 but came to school on August 8 and August 9. However, on August 10, Chandni died during the early hours

    Now, it is being said that Chandni died after eating these tablets whereas other students complained of chest pain and started vomiting. Some students were directly admitted to the hospital from home itself. However, the reason behind Chandni’s death and the other student’s condition is still unclear because the tablets are given to the students after they have eaten ‘Khichdi’. So, the Samajwadi Party (SP) municipal leader Raees Shaikh has demanded that the packets of the tablets must be taken for tests

    1,239 students are studying in the Sanjay Nagar Urdu medium school out of which, 607 students study during the morning session whereas 632 students study during the noon session. The Grade I to Grade V students are given a 45-gram iron and folic acid tablets each on Monday. However, on August 6, the students are said to have been given a 100-gram tablet.

    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145