Pursuing an MBA has lately become a widely popular choice in India. The country has numerous colleges offering the programme; each claiming to be among the best MBA colleges in India. Choosing the right college is essential for any student as it not only ensures a successful career but also plays a key role in their personality development. There are many aspects and features you should consider before selecting a college.
- Recognitions: All the top MBA colleges in India are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). There is a much higher chance of getting a job in a reputed firm if you are associated with an accredited college. Without the accreditation by a government organization such as AICTE, Association of Indian Universities (AIU) or University Grants Commission (UGC), a college is not allowed to take part in government student association programmes.
- Rankings: You can go through the rankings given to various colleges by some prestigious national and international organizations like National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- Programmes offered: It is important to go through the programmes provided by different colleges. There is no use of choosing a college that does not offer specialization in the field of your choice.
- Fee: The fee structure is among the major deciding factors for choosing a college. The best MBA colleges in India have good placement track records and will bring to you the goodreturn of investment (ROI). If a college’s ROI meets your expectations, the fee should not be a factor to stop you from choosing the college. There are many banks that provide education loans for covering the expenses of your education.
- Placements: Almost every college claims to have a high placement rate. You should check the previous years’ placement records, average packages, alumni reviews and collaborations with recruiters, to determine the ROI before finalizing a college.
- Faculty: Checking if the college has qualified, experienced and distinguished faculty is very important. All the colleges have details about their permanent and visiting faculty on their official websites. Most of the top MBA colleges in India maintain a good faculty-student ratio as it affects the quality of education provided by the college.
- Infrastructure: You should visit the college at least once before finalizing anything in order to ensure that the college has a safe, secure and student-friendly infrastructure. Also, the best MBA colleges in India provide several amenities like spacious classrooms, auditoriums, residential facilities, laboratories, studios, Wi-Fi connection, library, etc.
- Location: Most of the top MBA colleges in India are located in and around education hubs. Colleges located in metro cities are more popular because of their close proximity to industrial hubs.
- International exposure: Many successful businesses have become global nowadays and it is important to gain knowledge of trending business practices to become a successful entrepreneur. A college’s links with other international institutions can offer students several career opportunities. Faculty and student exchange programmes facilitated through these international collaborations are very useful in providing students with a global perspective.
Industry links: Collaborations of colleges with reputable businesses are very useful in providing students with practical knowledge and professional skills. Industry visits, field projects, seminars by industry experts and industrial training are a few bonuses that you can get if you choose a college with good industry links.
For more information related to business management & MBA colleges in India visit https://www.shiksha.com/mba/colleges/mba-colleges-india