Nagpur: A house owner has been booked for causing death of a neighbouring 9-year old girl negligently.
The girl, Chandni Kheduram Verma (9), resident of Vijay Nagar, near old Shitala Mata Mandir, Kalamna Market, had fallen into an under-construction septic tank while playing near her house on Wednesday night. She was rushed to Mayo Hospital where doctors had pronounced her brought dead. At that time, Kalamna police had registered a case of accidental death and launched a detailed probe.
The cops, during the course of investigation, came to know that the accused Anjordas Bejare, resident of Vijay Nagar, near old Shitala Mata Mandir, had dug up a 10X4 feet pit for septic tank at his house. However, the accused Bejore did not take proper care to cover the pit nor erected fence surrounding the pit. He left the pit unattended and went to his native place three months back. Due to rains in recent days, the pit got filled up with water up to ground level. Unfortunately, the kid Chandni failed to notice the pit while playing and fell into it that ultimately proved fatal as she drowned in the pit water.
Kalamna police constable Dashrath Mule, on the basis of probe and a complaint lodged by Rakesh Rukkam Verma, maternal uncle of deceased Chandni, booked the accused house owner Anjordas Bejare under Section 304(A) of the IPC. Further investigation is underway.