Nagpur: Maharashtra State Minister for New and Renewable Energy and Guardian Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule said that a whopping sum of Rs 1,590.76 crores have been sanctioned for complete electrification of Nagpur district.
Guardian Minister of Nagpur district and Chairman of District-level Electricity Distribution Monitoring Committee Chandrashekhar Bawankule said that the work related to the electrification to the tune of Rs 877 crores has been completed under phase one. Bawankule said that 17 Sub-Stations of 33 KV and 17 KV have also been constructed.
The Guardian Minister said that Additional Transformers have been fitted at 22 locations at new Sub-Stations of 33 KV and 11 KV. New high tension line measuring 1,654 km has been installed and 402 HVDC transformers too were put up. The second phase of the work was also finished at an expenditure of Rs 181.14 crore.
While speaking about the future plans, Chandrashekhar Bawankule said that Rs 34 crores will be spent on modernization work in Nagpur urban and rural areas. Under the electricity empowerment scheme of Rs 1,590.76 crores and Rs 1,233.97 crores have been proposed for various schemes.
- For Dindayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Scheme-1:- Rs 193.85 have been earmarked
- For Dindayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Scheme-2, Rs 256 crore have been earmarked
- For IPDC part-1, Rs 232 crore have been earmarked
- For IPDC part-2, Rs 249.99 crore for Smart City Plan have been earmarked,
- Rs 93 crore have been earmarked for repair and maintenance,
- Rs 139.11 crore have been earmarked for additional basic draft-2 and
- Rs 160.85 crore have been earmarked for Smart Grid plan.
Outlining details of the schemes already completed, he said 24,000 connections were given to new customers in the last fiscal.
Earlier, Bawankule reviewed the progress of the electricity work taken up in Nagpur during a review meeting held here on April 21, 2016 and directed the officials to probe whether all the consumers mentioned in the property tax data of NMC, have power meters or not. The meeting was attended by the local MPs, MLAs and higher authorities of the concerned department.