Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Mon, Sep 22nd, 2014

    Gas cylinder goes off in kitchen; woman sustains burn injuries

    Nagpur: A woman sustained burn injuries after a gas cylinder blasted in the second floor of a five-storeyed building at Bhavsar Square, Central Avenue. The incident, police said, occurred on Monday at around 10.30 am.

    Sources have it that the incident took place when Rehana Isaq Sheikh was preparing tea on Monday and the leaking gas cylinder suddenly blasted. As per information, Isaq Sheikh and Asif Izrail have flat on the second floor of a five-storeyed building at Bhavsar Square, Central Avenue. On Monday, while Isaq was preparing to leave for his office at Badkas Square, his wife Rehana was preparing tea in the kitchen. One of the four cylinder kept in the kitchen was leaking which resulted in a blast. Rehana sustained burn injuries in the accident. Kitchen window glasses broke with the impact of the blast and fire broke out. Isaq immediately informed the fire brigade who informed Kotwali police, it seems. Meanwhile, Rehana was rushed to Indira Gandhi Government Medical College and Hospital (Mayo Hospital) where is undergoing treatment.

    Fire tenders reached the spot and started with their job. They controlled the fire and brought another leaking cylinder out in air. Thus, a major fire was averted. Other cylinders were also kept in a safe place. None of the other family members were injured in the mishap.

    Meanwhile, Atul Kotecha, General Secretary of City Congress Committee, on receiving information about the incident, reached the spot. In order to avoid any untoward incidence, he informed the teachers of Adarsh Vidya Mandir which is situated beside the five-storeyed building. Thus, 300 students were evacuated from the school.

    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145