Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Sun, Oct 7th, 2018

    Four of a family among eight injured in LPG cylinder blast in Thane’s Indira Nagar

    At least eight people were injured, four of them members of a family, when a cooking gas cylinder exploded following a leakage at Thane in Maharashtra, police said Sunday. The incident took place in the Indira Nagar locality of the city late on Saturday evening, they said.

    The injured are being treated at the Government Civil Hospital here and at least four of them, all from one family, are in a critical condition, the police added.

    The LPG blast took place in a house where a tiling work was being carried out, a civic official said.

    The owner had kept the gas cylinder outside the house when it began to leak and suddenly exploded, said Santosh Kadam, chief of the Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) of the Thane Municipal Corporation.

    The blast left four members of a family – a couple and their two children – in whose house the tiling work was going on, seriously injured, the police said. The other injured included their neighbours, they said.

    The house owner, Gomti Prasad Sharma, who received 90 per cent burns, has been booked under IPC sections 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible matter) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), the police added.

    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145