Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Sun, Jul 21st, 2013
    Education | By Nagpur Today samratnt

    First round cut-off list for Health Sciences admissions is now to be released on Aug 1

    Nagpur News:

    The process for filling up of admissions forms and samupadeshan for Health Sciences course is going on at Government Medical College. The cut-off list of first round was to be released on July 20. However, the list now will be released on August 1. The reason put forth for postponement of releasing the list is no acceptance of applications of Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates.

    According to reports, specific directives were issued to accept applications from ST candidates attached with only original caste certificates. The Social Welfare Department had informed about issuance of caste certificates to almost all ST candidates. However, utter negligence was shown by the authorities in accepting applications from other category of candidates. These circumstances forced the ST candidates to surrender themselves to the competent court, and the court, too, provided relief to them. This development was behind the postponement of releasing the first round cut-off list fromJuly 20 to August 1.

    The merit list of state-level candidates of National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) was released. Maharashtra has a total of 2100 MBBS seats including 500 seats in Vidarbha like Nagpur’s Government Medical College, Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, and in Akola and Yavatmal. Similarly, Nagpur has a quota of 40 BDS seats out of total of 240 seats in the State. The students have MBBS as their first priority. The 15 per cent seats of eHealth Science are in colleges across the nation. Out of remaining 85 per cent seats, 3 per cent seats are for hilly areas, 1 per cent seats for Government of India. The remaining 81 per cent seats have been shared in state and national level in the ratio of 70-30. In Maharashtra, the process of filling up of forms and samupadeshan is going on at centers including in Nagpur, Mumbai, Pune and Aurangabad.

    THE COURSES: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Ayurved Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Homoeopathy Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), Bachelor  of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS), Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPTH), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOTH), Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP), (BP & O), BSc Nursing, Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (BPMT), and other courses. The counselling for these courses is also going on.


    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145