Published On : Tue, Oct 14th, 2014

Fire in furniture shop; material worth lakhs gutted

Nagpur: Material worth lakhs of rupees was gutted when fire broke in a furniture shop at Kamptee Road on the wee hours of Tuesday.

Three fire tenders were engaged in the process to control the flames. The reason behind this massive fire is short circuit, the sources confirmed. According to details, flames were seen from a furniture shop named ‘Seejni Plant Mega Semi Finis Wood’ situated at Kamptee Road behind Chungi Naka No. 2 at around 5.30 am on Tuesday. Three fire tenders from Sugat Nagar and Kalamna were deployed to tackle the situation. The fire tender successfully controlled the flames and informed that there were no casualties. However, they confirmed that material over Rs 3 lakh was gutted in the flames.

According to report, material of at least 9 tonne has turned to ashes due to the flames. It must be noted that the nearby residents extended their support and helped the fire officials to control the flames before it could turn violent.