Published On : Wed, Feb 4th, 2015

Fire at two-wheeler showroom at Great Nag Road; Major accident averted

Nagpur.

A two wheeler showroom located near Ashok Chowk on Great Nag Road here caught fire due to short circuit in electic meter installed at the showroom. The fire engulfed the electric wires including the meter, however no loss of vehicles kept in the showroom was reported. The incident took place in the early hours of Wednesday. Two fire tenders were pushed into service immediately after the security guards in the showroom called up the fire department whose timely action averted major accident.

Sources informed the electric meter was installed near the showroom’s workshop where many two-wheelers were parked.

It was a major tragedy averted, said sources.