• 8 shallots or button onions
• 8 small new potatoes
• 2 tbsp tomato purée
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 tbsp clear honey
• 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 300g firm smoked tofu , cubed
• 1 courgette , peeled and sliced
• 1 red pepper , deseeded and diced
• Serves 4
. Prep 25 mins
• Cook 30 – 35 mins
• Vegetarian, Low-fat
1. Put the shallots or button onions in a bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 mins. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 7 mins until tender. Drain and pat dry. Put tomato purée, soy sauce, oil, honey, mustard and seasoning in a bowl, then mix well. Toss the tofu in the marinade. Set aside for at least 10 mins.
2. Heat the grill. Drain and peel shallots or onions, then cook in boiling water for 3 mins. Drain well. Thread the tofu, shallots, potatoes, courgette and pepper on to 8 x 20cm skewers. Grill for 10 mins, turning frequently and brushing with remaining marinade before serving.
Perfect with some white or brown rice.
178 kcalories, protein 10g, carbohydrate 18g, fat 8 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 3g, sugar 3g, salt 1.35 g