New Delhi/Nagpur: On the ninth day of the Monsoon session, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi raised the issue of rising food prices in the Lok Sabha.
Here are the top quotes from his speech:
- I want to remind PM Modi about a promise he made to every Indian, and now has forgotten.
- Two months back the government celebrated two years of rule. But, not a word was spoken on prices of pulses, potato, tomato, he says. Prices of tomato has increased by three hundred per cent in two years.
- Narendra Modi can make false claims on Startup India and Make in India but not on rising prices.
- The Maximum Sale Price of pulses has not been revised in these two years, but the prices of dal has gone up by Rs 100. Where is this money going.
- UPA had written off farm loans worth Rs 6,000 crore, but NDA had written off corporate loans worth Rs 1.14 lakh crore.
- You may start Stand Up India, Start Up India. But tell us when the prices of potato and tomato will come down.
- There’s a new slogan in the streets, ‘arhar Modi, arhar Modi’.