Nagpur: The number of cases of house-breaking and burglary seems to be steadily increasing everyday in the city. However on many occasions, alert cops do foil the plan and apprehend the goons too.
On November 8, 2016 between 1:05 am to 02:00 am, the cops of crime branch managed to apprehend five goons who were preparing to commit house-breaking or burglary in Jaripatka area.
According to police sources, the five accused were laying in wait near NMC-Big Well in Lumbini Nagar open area.
The five accused are identified as
- Suraj alias Sonu Sunil Kawre aged 22 years and a resident of Mukundrao Ambedkar Nagar, Bezonbagh
- Gaurav alias Sonu Nitin Nitnawre aged 19 years and a resident of Mukundrao Ambedkar Nagar, Bezonbagh
- Mahesh alias Dutta Shriram Sangole aged 29 years and a resident of Nari, Takshshila Nagar
- Nikhil alias Manki Vinod Soyam aged 22 years and a resident of Gautam Nagar, Mecosabagh area and
- Pramod Kumar alias Pappya Vishwanath Meshram aged 20 years and a resident of Nari, Takshshila Nagar.
All the five accused were laying in wait to attempt house-breaking or burglary. When the cops searched them, they found deadly weapons and arms in their possession. The cops found out that they were gearing-up to commit burglary, house-breaking, mugging etc. All the five were found to be armed with weapons.
Accused Suraj alias Sonu Sunil Kawre was externed from Nagpur city by Assistant Commissioner of Police (Zone-V). However, he was found loitering in the city and among these goons.
Based on the complaint lodged by Police Sub Inspector R R Tripati (Crime Branch), Police Sub Inspector Khare of Jaripatka Police Station has registered a case against these accused under Sections 399 and 402 of Indian Penal Code and Under Section 142 of Maharashtra Police Act.