Xiamen: Chinese President Xi Jinping welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the International Conference Center in Xiamen when he arrived for the welcome ceremony of BRICS Summit 2017.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi at BRICS 2017 Summit:
– Cooperation is important for peace and development.
– NDB has started disbursing loans in pursuit to mobilise sources of infrastructure and sustainable development in BRICS countries.
– We are in mission-mode to eradicate poverty; to ensure health, sanitation, skills, food security, gender equality, energy, education.
– A strong BRICS partnership and innovation I am sure will be the instrument for progress.
– BRICS countries can work closely with ISA to strengthen the solar energy agenda.
– Our central banks must further strengthen their capabilities and promote co-operation between the Contingent Reserve Arrangement and the IMF.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeks early creation of BRICS rating agency to cater to financing needs of sovereign and corporate entities of developing countries.
PM says BRICS has developed a robust framework for cooperation and contributed to stability and growth in a world drifting towards uncertainty.