Nagpur: As the mercury soars up, incidents of fire seem to be increasing in the city. After a Petrol Pump in Wadi caught fire earlier in noon its was a car parked on Wardha Road suddenly caught fire automatically around 8 pm and within minutes turned into a mangled heap.
The Tata Indica car bearing RTO registration number MH-31/ DF-4471 is said to belong to Avinash Chatrapal Thakre aged 51 years and a resident of Plot No 13, Karve Nagar, Sonegaon.
Prima facie, the car had caught fire automatically due to a short circuit in the wiring when the car was stationary at Sneh Nagar falling within the Rana Pratap Nagar Police Station.
Police officials of Rana Pratap Nagar Police Station have registered a case of accident after the fire was doused.