Nagpur: State BJP President Devendra Fadnavis, releasing the Vision Maharashtra Document the other day, said “Vision Maharashtra is a movement which aims at capturing the aspiration of all citizens and helping it shape into a sustainable future.” Dwelling on the issue of unemployment which is turning out be a monstrous problem in the State, Fadnavis said, the crucial issue could be addressed by promoting industry-oriented education to match the demand and supply of skilled workers.
“Once the power and water problems are addressed, it would boost industries that would generate newer avenues of employment. The industries are moving out of State because of power and water crises. Almost 3 lakh people lost jobs because of closure of small scale sectors in the last 15 years,” said Fadnavis. The Vision Maharashtra Document of BJP highlighted the following points:
- Roots of unemployment: Skill mismatch and Sectoral mismatch.
- Shall provide 5 lakh jobs per year. Develop an army of 2 crore skill-based human resources.
- More tax rebate to industries providing more job opportunities, preference to locals within the Industrial belt.
- Internship and fellowship systems to be established and encouraged for youth hence providing part time employment and skill appreciation.
- Converting Employment/Vocational Guidance Centres into Career Guidance Centres.
- Preparing Human Resource Development Policy keeping in mind the needs of Maharashtra.
- Increase in percentage of Marathi people by increasing IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS Guidance Centres.
- Starting classes for International languages on large scale.
- Employment through state level campaign for computer literacy.
- Comprehensive labour policy which is in tune with the present times. Will develop concept of “Industrial Family” with labourers.
- Social Security for unorganised/casual/contract labours that includes Pension, Health, Education facilities. Shall cover agricultural labours under Unorganized Act.
- Will prepare Data Bank of Sector wise workers in every district. Will provide Health Insurance for workers in unorganised area.
- To create a system by which we can provide training to Blacksmith, Barber, Knitter, Cobbler, Potter etc. and provide loan for them to conduct their profession.
- Provide state level opportunities for talent Metal- carvers, sculptors.
- Will review no of Labour and Industrial courts. Safety care for women workers.
- Food security and Employment Guarantee for organised and unorganised workers.
- Will increase scope of State Employee Insurance Scheme/will make hospitals more effective and capable.