Aam Panna is a light green Indian drink made from raw mangoes, sugar and an assortment of spices. If its tangy flavour that captivates taste buds isn’t enough for you to grab a glass of it, here are other reasons why you should:
– It is your tasty and quick remedy to beat the Nagpur summer and avoid heat strokes.
– It prevents excessive loss of sodium chloride and zinc from your body due to excessive sweating.
– It is a rich source of Vitamin C and thus a curative for blood disorders.
– It increases the elasticity of blood vessels and helps in the formation of new blood vessels.
– It acts as a tonic increasing body resistance against tuberculosis,anaemia, cholera and dysentery.
AAM PANNA RECIPE
6 medium sized Green Mango (Aam)
33/4th cup Water
1 tsp dry-roasted and grounded Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1/2 tsp Red chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
1 tsp Salt (Namak)
3 tblsp Sugar (Cheeni)
3 tblsp chopped Mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves)
12 crushed Ice-cubes
- Place the mangoes with water to cover in a sauce-pan and bring to boil. (Alternately roast the mangoes over charcoal )
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain off the water and then peel, stone and pulp the mango with a spoon.
- Place the pulp in a deep bowl.
- Add water, sugar, salt, chili and cumin.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Stir in the mint and whisk again.
- Transfer it to a jug.
- Serve chilled with crushed ice.
: Chef Khosla