Nagpur: In a gory incident, as many as 16 cattle died in a household at Jaripatka after all of them came in contact with live electric wire which broke and fell on the ground following heavy rains on Thursday. The dead livestock included 10 buffalos and 6 cows which were reared in a house shed belonging to a Yadav family in Jaripatka. The family members have blamed the fault on SNDL’s officials who despite repeated information about the live wire did not turn up to repair the damage.
The Yadavs run their dairy business from the house where they have spared open space to tame these cattle. The live wire was said to be lying just beside the premises where the animals were being reared.
On Thursday night, these cattle accidently came in contact with the live wire and were electrocuted to death. Meanwhile, the family members have claimed the losses incurred from the SNDL as the accident allegedly happened owing to their apathy.
“Had they (SNDL) sent someone to contain the haphazardly spread wires on the ground, the accident could have been avoided,” lamented one of the Yadav family members.