Published On : Sun, Aug 23rd, 2015

12-year-old boy electrocuted in NMC School Grounds in Ramdaspeth


boy-dies-ramdaspethNagpur: In another tragic incident, a 12-year-old boy was electrocuted when he accidentally came in contact with a rod that had electricity passing through it on Sunday the August 23, 2015.

According to sources, the deceased is identified as Harsh. The deceased 12-year-old boy was playing Kabbadi with his friends in the School run by Nagpur Municipal Corporation named Marathi Kanya Prathmic Shala situated in Ramdaspeth. While playing Kabbadi in the ground, he became out and so he went out of the pitch and sat on the rod. As soon as the boy came in contact with a rod, a huge electricity current passed through the deceased boy and gave a severe jolt causing an instant death to the boy.

Sources claimed, that the other boys who were playing with the deceased have complained about getting shocks during rains on earlier occasions too to the local MSEDCL Office, but the officials did not pay heed to it and today it claimed the life of a small boy who got electrocuted.

Many senior police officials and NMC officials reached the spot. A time of passing the buck on who is responsible for the death ensued.

Till the time of writing the story, many other details are still awaited.