New delhi : All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi has released the prospectus of AIIMS 2019 on February 23. Only aspirants who have completed the AIIMS MBBS basic registration 2019 process can download the information brochure. The regulatory body has released the details of AIIMS MBBS exam such as exam pattern, preparation of result, counselling details and complete admission procedure, through the official prospectus.
The authority has re-opened the code generation process for eligible students from February 23 to March 12, 2019. AIIMS MBBS final registration process commenced on February 23, for such applicants who have already generated their codes.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be conducted on May 25 and 26 in computer based mode for admission to a total of 1,207 UG medical seats offered by 15 AIIMS Institutes. With the release of information brochure, the admission committee has introduced some major changes in AIIMS MBBS, which are mentioned below.
1. Change in the AIIMS application process – AIIMS, New Delhi had started the online registration of AIIMS MBBS 2019 with a new facility of PAAR (Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration) from November 30. The application form is divided into two stages – Basic Registration and Final Registration.
AIIMS MBBS basic registration process has been concluded on January 14, 2019. Only the registered aspirants whose basic registration has been completed on or before the last date will be eligible to participate for Final Registration. The codes for final registration will be generated from January 29 to February 19, 2019. The final registration to fill the remaining academic, contact and choose of exam cities will start from February 21.
2. Six new AIIMS Institutes introduced – This year, the authority has increased the number of AIIMS Institutes for admission to MBBS courses. The six new medical institutes will be located in Kalyani, Raebareli, Gorakhpur, Bathinda, Deogarh and Bibinagar, making a total of 15 AIIMS across the country.
3. Hike in AIIMS MBBS seats – With the addition of six new institutes, the MBBS seats have increased. As per the prospectus, AIIMS UG entrance exam is the basis for admission to a total of 1,207 MBBS seats. Out of the total seats, 900 seats will be available in nine AIIMS Institutes, while 300 seats will be allotted in six new AIIMS campuses.
4. 100 seats added in AIIMS Guntur and Nagpur – In the prospectus of AIIMS MBBS 2019, the authority has ascended the number of seats in AIIMS, Guntur and AIIMS Nagpur campuses. A total of 100 MBBS seats is added to each campus. Also, the AIIMS prospectus mentions the reservation of 51 seats for Unreserved category and 27 seats for OBC candidates. While 15 and 7 seats are reserved for SC and ST aspirants, respectively. 5% of the total seats are reserved for PWD category.
5. Change in the eligibility criteria for PwD aspirants – As per the AIIMS eligibility criteria, the minimum qualifying percentage to pass Class 12 for candidates belonging to PwD category has descended to 45%. Earlier, the minimum percentage for such aspirants was 50%.
6. Dip in the number of AIIMS exam cities – The list of exam centres of AIIMS MBBS 2019 has been disclosed by the authority. There is a dip of two with a total of 153 exam cities . Last year, the online exam was conducted in 155 major cities of India.
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2019
Aspirants whose application forms will be accepted by the authority can download AIIMS 2019 admit card from May 15, onwards. It is mandatory to download the hall ticket and carry it to designated exam centres for verification purpose.