Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Wed, Dec 14th, 2016

    Video: Chief Minister assures to look into the demands of Maratha-Kunbi community


    Nagpur:
    The protestors participating in the Maratha-Kunbi Morcha culminated in the Morcha point in Old Morris College T-Point. From there a delegation of Girls were taken by Chandrakant Patil and Vinod Tawde to meet Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on December 14, 2016.

    The delegation consisting of six girls including Rutuja Mohite, Sanjana Banafar, Ankita Bhandwalkar, Vaishnavi Daf, Jaishree Bhuibar and Himani were given security clearance and the girls also allotted time to present their demands. The girls submitted a memorandum of demands to the Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.

    Among the demands, the top priority ones included severe punishment of hanging for the accused in Khapordi rape case, to reconsider and review the Atrocities Act. These girls explained how only 4% of the cases registered under Atrocities Act prove to be factual while the remaining 96% of the cases prove to be false implicated ones. The memorandum also included the demand for implementation of recommendation of Swaminathan Commission and the issue of reservations for Maratha community.

    Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis gave a patient hearing to the delegation and assured them that his government is pro-active and will certainly consider their demands after studying all the pros and cons.


    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145