Nagpur: Faced with a deluge of complaints over traffic jams despite enforcing no-parking zone for four-wheelers on a stretch of West High Court (WHC) Road from Law College Square-Shankar Nagar Square, the city traffic police have decided to renew the ban vigorously to decongest this patch.
In view of hassles, cops have notified No-Parking Zone, Parking P1 and P2 at following stretches of West High Court Road:
No-Parking Zone for four wheelers:
- Both sides of WHC Road stretch from Dr Rupa Bangde House, Law College Square to Shankar Nagar Square.
- Both sides of road from Laxmi Bhavan Square to Ram Nagar Square.
Parking Zone for two-wheelers:
- Single lane parking for two-wheelers on both sides of WHC Road from Dr Rupa Bangde House, Law College Square to Shankar Nagar Square.
- Single lane parking for two-wheelers on both sides of Road from Laxmi Bhavan Square to Ram Nagar Square.
Parking slot for four-wheelers:
- Vacant place adjacent to nullah from Jaibhole Mandir up to Kanoujiya Driving School on a road going from Times of India Square to Tilak Nagar.
- Vacant place along nullah from Times of India Square to Nerle House (Dande Hospital Road).
- Single lane parking on road from Taj Darbar Band Party, Laxmi Bhavan Square to Indore Namkeen.
- Parking for two-wheelers in vacant place at east side of vegetable market near Laxmi Bhavan Square.
- Slot up to 100 metres adjacent to Coffee House Square for four-wheelers.
- Vacant ground of NIT behind Ram Mandir, Ram Nagar, for four-wheelers.
The notification has come into effect from March 23,2018 and will continue till further orders.
Motorists parking at No Parking Zone will continue to see their four-wheelers towed and impounded. To facilitate the move, the cops have blocked the intersections at Times Square and Coffee House Square.
West High Court Road was turning out to be a nightmare as far as parking and traffic jam is concerned. Hundreds of shoppers park vehicles right on the road or in the lanes around it. Haphazard parking, especially on turnings at Times Square, Coffee House Square and Laxmi Bhavan Square only add to the mess.