Nagpur: City Congress President and Leader of Opposition in Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) Vikas Thakre on Thursday targeted the civic body’s administration as well as the ruling party and ripped apart their development claims by exposing a slew of shoddy affairs being run in every department. In a memorandum submitted to the Additional Municipal Commissioner Ramnath Sonone, Thakre bared the poor show by NMC on all fronts including roads, city bus service, cable duct policy, wood scam at crematoriums, encroachment at Futala, garbage disposal system etc. Exposing the mess point by point, Thakre dwelt on every issue with facts and figures.
- The tar roads in the city are riddled with potholes causing increase in number of accidents. The citizens are suffering the brunt of uncanny connivance of contractors and babus. The NMC money is being plundered but no action is being initiated. The guilty contractors should be put in ‘black list’ and the irresponsible officials bringing bad name to the civic body should be brought to the book.
- The Vansh Nimay Company was given contract to operate Star Bus service in city. The NMC House had deliberated the corrupt practices being indulged by the operator and subsequently the then Mayor Anil Sole had ordered action against the company. Over 30 months have gone but no action is being seen. The fraudulent actions of Director of Company Ajay Dhavangade, the Municipal Commissioner and others were proved in the NMC House but no FIR was filed so far. It clearly means the office-bearers of NMC are backing the actions of the company. The House had approved filing of FIR and it should be filed immediately.
- The company contracted to lay cable ducts within NMC limits violated the cable duct policy. The company was slapped a fine of Rs 50 crore in accordance with the cable duct policy but only Rs 12 lakh were recovered. The Executive Engineer Gaikwad who “covered up” the issue is being protected. The Mayor had ordered action in NMC House but still nothing is being done.
- The crematorium wood supplying company Mahesh Trading has indulged in serious irregularities. The audit report had found the company guilty. Now, the company should be blacklisted and FIR should be filed against its Directors Nitin Fuke and Mahesh Barange.
Hot Mix plant:
- The Jet Patcher Company was given contract to repair roads in rainy season in view of non-functional Hot Mix plant. But the company carried out patch up works in good running roads, submitted bogus bills and pocketed huge money. The contract of the company must be cancelled and FIR lodged for bogus bills.
- The Jet Patcher Company has allegedly encroached upon a 10,000 sq ft vacant land of NMC in Futala area. The NMC constructed a safety wall at the cost of Rs 2.50 crore following flowing of sewage water from hilly area. The NMC money was misused. A detailed probe should be conducted as to who put up the proposal, who approved the work. A criminal complaint should be filed against the company for illegal occupation of NMC land.
- The employees of Kanak Resource Management Company forcibly recover hefty amounts from house/flat owners for lifting of garbage and other waste material despite receiving salaries for the job. The contract of the company should be cancelled and NMC should put its own machinery for clearing the garbage and other waste material.
– Rajeev Ranjan Kushwaha ( email@example.com )