Nagpur: The auspicious Jayanti of highly revered Agrakul Pravartak Maharajadhiraj Shri Agrasenji will be celebrated by the Agrawal Community of the city with zeal and enthusiasm on October 13, 2015.
Agrawal (Agarwal, Agrawala, Agarwala, and Aggarwal) is a community found throughout northern and northwestern India, including Haryana, Punjab, Nepal, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu, Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttrakhand, Western Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra. Other related communities include Maheshwaris, Khandelwals, and Oswals etc. The legends of the Agrawal community trace the origin of Agrawals to the legendary King Agrasen of the Solar Dynasty who adopted Vanika Dharma. Literally, Agrawal means the “children of King Agrasen” or the “people of Agroha”, a city in ancient Kuru Panchala, near Hisar in Haryana region said to be founded by King Agrasen. Members of the Agrawal community are known for their business acumen and have for many years been influential and prosperous in India.
On the occasion of four-day Jayanti Celebrations programme of their Kul-Pita from October 10 to October 13, 2015 various events have been organized with a focus to strengthen integrity and brotherhood among the participants from the Agrawal community.
The organizing committee includes President Urmiladevi Agrawal, Vice-President Prakash Mehadia, Treasurer Hajarilal Agrawal, Chairman of Welcome Committee Rajkumar Bachuka, Vice-Chairman of Welcome Committee Vijay Kumar Saraf, Lady Organizers Sushma Agrawal and Deepa Agrawal, Youth Organizers Rajesh Agrawal, Vishwas Saraf, Arpit Agrawal and Deepak Agrawal.
The main function which is organized on October 13, 2015 at 6 pm at Agrasen Bhavan, Ravinagar will have two very eminent Chief Guests. Chairman of Goel Ganga Group (Pune, Mumbai, Nagpur & Bengaluru) Jaiprakash Goel and Managing Director of SDPL and Tathastu Resorts, Nagpur Ashok Subhash Agarwala.
On October 10, 2015 at 9 am, a flag hoisting ceremony was held at Shri Agrasen Bhavan Gandhibagh. President Urmiladevi Gaurishankar Agrawal hoisted the flag. From 10:30 am free-distribution of sewing machines was done by the office-bearers of Shri Agrasen Mahila Mandal ‘Surbhi’.
There was a health camp organized at the venue and Dr Bharat Jagdish Agrawal and his team was actively involved in diagnosing various respiratory disorders like Asthma, Allergy, COPD, and Obstructive Sleep Apnea Screening Camp.
Many attractive programmes and games are being organized during this Jayanti celebration. Programme and competitions for women
- Drawing map of India as “Mera Bharat Mahan”
- Making hilarious advertisement.
- Fancy Dress Competition (Have to dress-up like a product)
- Decorating Gods and Goddesses using beetle leaves.
- Extempore Elocution competition (Tareef Teri Kya Karoon)
- Debate on distancing from parents (Bhala Yeh Kaisi Majboori)
- Cultural programme : “Nari Kal, Aaj Aur Kal”
- Decorate Bangles from keys
- Decorate one pair of Tick-Tock hair clips
- Solah Shringar Sey Rangoli
- Written exam on Swasthya Hee Jeevan Hai
- Drama on Malkin aur Naukrani Kee Tu-Tu Main-Main.
- Decorate Tooth-picks
- Decorating Rani Sati’s Trishul Roop
- Making decorative or creative items from Bisleri bottles
- Making jewellery out of Red thread (Mauli Raksha Sutra)
- Famous Couple (Fancy Dress Competition)
a) Religious Couple b) Modern Couple
- Become a reporter
- Making a rangoli from Bindis
Hasya Kavi Sammelan with the following poets
- Ujwal Agrawal (Paratwada)
- Rakesh Verma (Bhopal)
- Sardar Wahe Guru Bhatiya (Paresia)
- Vinod Badmeri (Badmer)
- Rajan Malviya (Itarsi)
- Preeti Barkha (Raipur)
Various sports (Indoor sports and out-door sports) have been organized during the Jayanti Celebrations. This includes Cricket Match, Carrom Board Match, Chess, Volley-Ball match etc.
Food & Snacks competition
Various food and snacks making competition is being organized during the Jayanti Celebrations. This includes the following:
- Making salties (Namkeen) from corn.
- Making and decorating Swastika signs
The cherry on the cake is the Mr and Mrs Agrawal competition too is organized on October 12, 2015 at 7 pm onwards. Kavita Sanjay Agrawal from Sanvijay Group, Nagpur will be the Chief Guest for this occasion.