Published On : Tue, Nov 20th, 2012

Servant flees with valuables, youth looted, robbery bid foiled

Nagpur News: Culprits acting on their freewill were evident as three different cases were registered in different police stations. In one case a servant swept away the valuables from the house of owner, while a youth was thrashed and looted in a separate incident. In another case, a bid to rob a couple was foiled with timely alarm raised by the lady.

Ambazari police station has been looking for the domestic help serving at a house in Aditya Apartment in Verma layout. The house owner Jitendrakumar Himanshu Bhakat, 43, lodged a complaint against him for stealing away the jewellery worth Rs 2.82 lakh from a locked almirah.  Jitendrakumar was out for some work when his servant Brahma Panigrahi committed the crime. Bramha belongs to Badeshwar district in Orrisa. Police is still clueless about his whereabouts.

In another incident, the accused Anurag Kadsaitkar of Durgawati Nagar along with his three accomplices came to the computer and electronics shop of Zakir Hussein located at Maskasath under tehsil police station. Anurag was said to be inquiring about the money he had lent to Zakir. While Zakir explained to him that there was no outstanding as such, Anurag allegedly pushed him back and thrashed him, taking away the amount of Rs 35,000 from the cash counter along with Zakir’s laptop said to be costing Rs 40,000. Police have registered the case against Anurag and three unknown accused upon Zakir’s complaint. All the accused were still at large.

Meanwhile, an alarm raised in time saved a couple from being robbed in defence area under Wadi police station. Sneha Choudhary, 22, was approaching towards their home in defence colongy when a youth Manish Rajkumar Sahare, 22, with his accomplice riding pillion on the bike stopped them near credit society road. The accused, resident of nearby Ambedkar Nagar wielded a knife before the couple and snatched away their mobile, cheque book and other important documents. The moment the accused were about to flee, Sneha started shouting aloud hearing which the crowd gathered at the spot. Manish was eventually nabbed and handed over to the police while his other accomplice fled the scene.