Nagpur: A second incident of firing within seven days occurred in the city on September 12, 2016. The exact motive behind the firing incident could not be ascertained as yet.
According to eye-witnesses, four masked goons riding an Enfield Motorcycle and a Black coloured Honda Activa approached Yashin Quereshi Mohammed Hashim aged 30 years and a resident of Plot No 414/415 New Mhalgi Nagar, Behind Besa Power House and fired at him at around 12:15 pm.
The victim Yashin Quereshi Mohammed Hashim aka Hashim Kanpuria who runs a Ajmeri Chicken and Mutton Shop had come to meet his friend Sagar Chandrashekhar Mishra whose house is situated hit behind the Shyam Beer Bar near Omkar Nagar Square. When the victim was speaking to Sagar Mishra, the assailants approached the victim and allegedly fired at him.
Some of labourers who were working on the under-construction building hit opposite to the crime spot had witnessed the entire incident.
The friend of the victim Sagar Mishra claimed that the assailants fired two bullets on the victim and sped away from the spot before anyone could even realize, this incident had occurred. The father of Sagar Mishra saw water leaking from the pipe which was connected to the motor to fill the drums. He saw some nail sort of part embedded in the pipe which he pulled out and threw in the open vacant plot adjacent to their house.
The victim too has prior-criminal record. A case relating to the 1200 square feet land said to be underway in the courts. Many cops opined that this too could be a case related to property. Many suspect that this firing was a staged one to throw the attention away from him. If this is indeed a firing incident, then this could be a challenging job for the cops.
The family members of the victim Yashin Quereshi expressed their suspicions on Sagar Gandhi, Ajay Shewade and Sanjay Bund who could have carried out this firing. There is an old enmity between two gangs of the area. A senior cop of Crime branch also claimed that many people of Mominpura have enmity with the victim.
On receipt of information, the cops of Ajni Police Station rushed to the spot and carried out all necessary formalities. The Crime Branch sleuths too arrived at the spot and were investigating the case.
Senior Police officials including Additional Commissioner of Police Dr Suhas Warke and Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ranjan Sharma, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone-IV) Shridhar visited the crime spot and the victim in Casualty Ward of Government Medical College and Hospital.
The CCTV footage shows two assailants riding on a Bajaj Pulsar. The rider was wearing a helmet while the pillion rider had covered his face with a cloth.
What does not add-up in this entire incident related by the victim or his friends are:
1. One bullet was located nearly 100 meters away in front of the gate of the house of Gajanand Dore.
2. On closer inspection, wound does not seem to be that of a bullet injury (said some sources of forensic team on condition of anonymity). The bullet had allegedly grazed at the inside of his right arm.
3. No blood stains were found on the spot or even on his vest.
4. The victim had gone to his shop driving his two-wheeler, from where his younger brother called on Police Control Room to inform the cops of the firing incident.
5. The bullet which had allegedly got struck in a rubber pipe was removed by the father of Sagar Mishra and thrown in the open plot. However, the cops could not recover the casings of the bullets fired on the victim.