Nagpur News : ‘Save Power Need of Hour’ was the slogan announced and accordingly under the guidance of Commissioner Shyam Wardhane, on April 15, 2014 on full moon day the officials observed response to save electricity from Munje square to Sitabuldi square between 8 to 9 pm along with the citizens.
For one minute power production nearly 500 gm coal and water 7.5 ltr is required, 1000 air gets heated. At this time all street lights including high mast lights were switched off. All shopkeepers in the market area switched off even the lights in front of their shops to participate in this save power campaign. All coming, going and other activities were smoothly going on in spite of lights being switched off.
On April 15, 2014, 31,750 people had vowed to switched off lights for one hour. So the 2620 units of power was saved.
Zone wise the save power campaign was observed as below.
1) Laxmi Nagar to Jerryl lawns, Matey square to Jerryl lawns
2) Alankar square to Shankar Nagar square, Laxmi Bhuvan square to Kachipura square, Laxmi Bhuvan square to Law College square
3) Sidheshwar Sabhagruh to Dnyneshwar square
4) Anand Talkies square to Munje square, Patel square to Jhansi Rani square to Abhyankar Road
5) Tajbaugh Gate, Tajbaugh Road to Bhande Plot square
6) Jama Masjjid square to Agrasen square to Mominpura square
7) Mehdibaugh Colony
8) Telephone Exchange square to Gangabhai Ghat square to Sharda square to Danaganj
9) Gondwana square to Poonam Chamber to Raj Nagar square
Commissioner Shyam Wardhane has thanked people of giving overwhelming response to the campaign. By participating in Save Power Save Nation campaign you can get recognition in the world so participate in the campaign on every full moon day appealed the commissioner.