Published On : Mon, Dec 8th, 2014

Sagir Siddiqui, hurt in running car shootout in Dharampeth area, dies in Wockhardt Hospital

Sagir Siddiqui,

Sagir Ahmed Siddiqui, who was injured in shootout near Chief Minister’s residence in Dharampeth area of the city, succumbed to his injuries in Wockhardt Hospital on Monday (December 8). Sagir lost the battle with life at 8 in the morning after receiving a bullet injury in a running car on December 2. The shot was allegedly fired by one of his accomplices named Shakti Manpiya. Manpiya and two others were arrested by Sitabuldi police in this connection. The other two accused were identified as Ashish Parote and Zakir Pathan.

According to sources, the incident had taken place behind Sudama Talkies area in Dharampeth area. The deceased Sagir, Shakti Manpiya, Ashish Parote and Zakir Pathan were travelling in an Audi car. Sagir was driving the car. The accused Shakti Manpiya reportedly fired a bullet from rear seat. The bullet hit Sagir between brain and neck and stuck deep in the portion of neck junction. Sagir was immediately taken to the Wockhardt Hospital near Shankar Nagar Square by the trio. Hospital’s Neuro Surgeon Dr Kurve said that when Sagir was brought to the Hospital his heart beats has stopped. He was revived with the help of artificial respiration and other emergency procedures. A lot of blood had accumulated in Sagir’s brain that ultimately caused his death though the stuck bullet was removed by performing a surgery. Sagir underwent specialized treatment for over seven days but died in the morning of Monday, said Dr Kurve.

Deceased Sagar Ahmed Siddiqui (extreme left) and two accused Shakti Manpiya and Zakir Pathan Khan.

Deceased Sagar Ahmed Siddiqui (extreme left) and two accused Shakti Manpiya and Zakir Pathan Khan.

Interestingly, the three accused Shakti Manpiya, Ashish Parote and Zakir Pathan, who had taken Sagir to the hospital, earlier pretended it to be an accidental firing. The accused had informed Police Control Room only about the car accident and not any firing incident. Top police officials including Joint Police Commissioner Anupkumar Singh had visited the spot and supervised the investigation. Now, after Sagir’s death, Sitabuldi police are probing the case with new angles and hoped to crack it soon.