Oats dosa can be made in many ways. This is a 2-in-1 post, meaning 2 recipes in 1 post. One quick and easy method is to make an instant oats dosa. The other one is using urad dal dosa batter or leftover dosa batter, definitely a healthier way to have oats dosa. Both the recipes are without curd or buttermilk.
1/2 cup instant oats/quick cooking oats
1/4 cup semolina (rava)
1/2 cup rice flour (You can also use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour/maida)
1.5 cups water
1 large onion
1 large green chilli
2 Tbsp grated coconut
Ghee or oil
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp yogurt
1 Tbsp coriander leaves/curry leaves
1. Grind the quick cooking oats till it’s really fine and powdery.
2. Add the rice flour, semolina/rava and the yogurt.
3. Add the water, slowly so that you can keep track of consistency and know when to stop.
3. Add the onions, chilli and coriander/curry leaves (or both). If you don’t like raw onions, I recommend you saute the onions first.
4. Let the batter sit for 20-30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat the tawa and drizzle some water on it to check if it’s hot or not.
6. Drizzle some ghee or oil on the pan and spread it across the tawa. Pour some of the batter in the centre and using a serving spoon, spread it around. Let it sit for two minutes and turn over when cooked.
7. Serve with fresh coconut chutney.