Not Rs 300 Crore: “It’s Rs 20-22 Crore property!” Nagpur CP Ravinder Singhal on Supari Killing


Nagpur: In the case of the ‘Supari killing’ of 82-year-old Nagpur businessman Purushottam Puttewar, police have seized gold and cash collectively worth Rs 17 lakhs, including cars and gold ornaments. Meanwhile, six persons, including Sarthak Bagde, who was absconding in this case, as well as Payal and Prashant, have been arrested by the police, informed Nagpur Police Commissioner Ravinder Singhal on Tuesday.

Singhal was speaking at a press conference organized at Police Bhavan regarding the alleged contract killing of the senior citizen for a Rs 300 Crore property. However, the CP also stated that the property of the deceased is worth around Rs 20-22 Crore.


So far, arrests have been made in connection with the case, including Archana Manish Puttewar (53), the daughter-in-law of the deceased Purushottam, and assailants Neeraj Ishwar Nimje (30) and Sachin Mohan Dharmik (29), residents of Shaktimata Nagar, Kharbi Road. Payal is Archana’s assistant, while Prashant is Archana’s brother.

Archana was working as an Assistant Director in the Town Planning Department of Gadchiroli. Prashant is also a government employee.

“The accused made two more attempts to intimidate Purushottam in May 2024. Earlier, Purushottam escaped with minor injuries, hence the family members refrained from informing the cops,” informed the Top Cop.

It is pertinent to mention that, according to sources, Archana, with the assistance of a relative, promised Sarthak and Sachin Rs 1 crore to murder Purushottam by running him over with a car. Initially, both were paid around Rs 17 lakhs, including gold.
Additionally, Archana’s relative promised Sachin a space and license for a beer bar. Hence, Sarthak and Sachin enlisted Neeraj in the conspiracy to murder Purushottam.

On May 22, a plan was devised to run Purushottam over with a car. Earlier, on May 18, Archana, Sarthak, Sachin, and Neeraj met at a designated location. During the meeting, there was a discussion among the four about their roles on the day of the incident. The police possess footage from this day as well. After the murder of Purushottam, Sarthak made a trip to Vaishno Devi.

Upon his return to Nagpur on Monday, he was arrested by the police. Meanwhile, as Archana’s police custody ended, she was presented in court on Sunday. The police opted not to seek an extension of her custody.

As a result, the court remanded her to judicial custody, which created a surprise as police refrained from requesting further custody.