In a determined effort to put development of city on right track the Municipal Commissioner Shravan Hardikar shot a letter to Principal Secretary, Urban Development Department, Government of Maharashtra and drew her attention towards pending/stalled projects at administration level. Hardikar has also sent a list of pending/stalled projects. The Principal Secretary Manisha Mhaiskar has been urged to immediately clear the projects and facilitate overall development of Nagpur City. The letter was in pursuance of several letters sent earlier. Following is the list of pending/stalled projects:
• Immediate release of State funds for repairs of city roads coming under Integrated Road Development Project (IRDP). Providing of Government funds for repairs of other roads also.
• Waiver of NMC’s Rs 84.45 crore for approval of 78 million cubic meter water supply to NMC from Pench Navegaon Khairi Reservoir of Irrigation Department.
• Release of pending State fund for NMC’s Filariasis Department.
• Removal of the then Chief Minister’s stay over construction of Fish Market near Nag Nadi banks.
• Setting up of grand Cultural Hall (Research Centre) at Patwardhan Ground, Dhantoli to mark Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Birth Centenary Year.
• Approval for NMC’s plan to procure Rs 50 crore loan for removing electric poles and other material posing hurdles to smooth road traffic in city.
• Removal of the them minister’s stay over Parking Stand at Mahatma Phule Market.
• Appointment of Transport Manager on deputation for planning, controlling/monitoring, maintenance and management of NMC’s city bus service.
• Approval for regularization of temporary services of remaining 94 employees working in NMC’s Establishment Department.
• Easing of 10 percent term for compassionate ground appointments of heirs in place of deceased employees in accordance with NMC Resolution No. 248 dated 16.7.2014.
• 100 percent relief for ex-servicemen in General Property Tax.
• Approval for reinforcement of Gandhisagar Lake wall and reconstruction of collapsed wall at Bhauji Pagey Island.
• Appointment of Arbitrator in Transport Department for city bus service.
• Speedy decision on State Government’s stay order on the system drawn for assessing Property Tax rate based on base rate.
– Rajeev ranjan kushwaha (rajeev.nagpurto