Nagpur: In view of announcement of schedule for Lok Sabha elections by Election Commission of India on Sunday, District Collector Ashwin Mudgal on Monday addressed a press conference and informed about various measures initiated for free and fair poll.
Mudgal said that with the announcement of poll schedule, the Model Code of Conduct has come into force with immediate effect. “Lok Sabha poll in Nagpur and Ramtek constituencies along with by-poll in Katol Assembly constituency will be held on April 11 in the first phase. Special facilities will be provided to Divyangjans in this poll. The last date for voter registration and revision is March 15. All concerned departments have been directed to follow code of conduct strictly,” Mudgal said.
· Around 34,000 employees will be on duty directly or indirectly in both Lok Sabha constituencies. Apart from this, 6000 personnel will be in reserve.
· No bhoomipujan, stone laying, project announcement to be done during poll code period.
· Those voters not possessing voter ID card would have 11 other options such as passport, driving licence, bank/post office passbook, Government Card, Smart Card, MGNREGA Job Card, identity letter issued by an MP, Aadhar Card etc.
· 24 flying squads comprising five members each will monitor poll related works in entire district.
· NMC, ZP have been asked to remove political banners, posters, hoardings.
· MCM Committee will keep a watch on publicity, propaganda, social media, electronic media.
· This committee will also keep a watch on paid news.
· Poll related complaints can be lodged on nvsp.in, phone number 1950, See Vigil app.
· Around SMSes would be sent for awareness about poll related issues.
· Voter slip/poll centre slip will be delivered house to house before three days of voting.
· Battalions of CRPF, CISF have been made available for sensitive areas.
· Around 7000 policemen will be deployed in Nagpur.
· Election Commission has spared Traffic Branch, Crime Branch, and Special Branch from poll related tasks.
The press conference was also attended by Municipal Commissioner Abhijit Bangar, NIT Chairperson Sheetal Ugale, Rural Police SP Rakesh Ola, ZP CEO and other officials.