New Delhi: Four persons died after a major fire broke out at a house in Kohat Enclave area of the national capital during wee hours on Friday. The exact reason due to which the blaze erupted is not clear however, reports said that the incident happened due to a short circuit. Although, no official confirmation on the same has been made yet.
The fire has been brought under control. If reports are to be believed, the four deceased belonged to the same family. Meanwhile, an investigation has been launched in the matter.
In another incident, a fire officer was seriously injured during an operation to douse a fire that broke on Wednesday on the top floor of a four-storeyed building in Lajpat Nagar’s busy Central Market.
The DFS official said, “A fire officer got injured as a cylinder exploded while he was on duty there.”
“He suffered burn injuries to his face and hands from the blaze,” he was quoted as saying.