Mumbai/Nagpur: The farmers, who have been striking for two days with several issues including debt waiver, decided to end the strike at 4 am on Saturday morning.
Farmers have taken this decision after meeting with Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. In the last two days, the performance of the farmers was a loss of several lakh liters of milk, fruits and vegetables. Their prices had reached the sky and the people had to face difficulties.
From CM on 31 October, the farmers have been assured of making proper decisions on the issue of debt waiver. The state’s agricultural commissions will be set up soon. Besides, the electricity bills of the farmers will also be forgiven.
The meeting, which started in CM’s ‘Rain’ bungalow on Friday, lasted for nearly four hours. During this, the government has made its stand on many issues related to farmers.
CM told the farmer leaders that there are a total of 31 lakh farmers in the state and it is not easy to forgive everyone’s debts.
A committee will soon be constituted to give loans to them again. This committee will also include representatives of farmers. After the report of this committee, a big decision can be taken on debt waiver till October 31.
Important decisions in the meeting
– The cases registered on the farmers who are protesting will be returned. But strict action will be taken against anti-social elements.
– To provide proper value of their crops to the farmers, by the end of June month, the Agricultural Value Commission will be established in the state.
– A bill will be introduced in the monsoon session of the Vidhan Sabha to take action against traders giving lesser price to farmers for their crops.
Regulators will be appointed in the state to fix the milk price. The effort will be to maximize the share of farmers in the milk market.
– Electricity bill used for farming will also be waived. Fruit storage centers and chilling centers will be built to keep fruits in the mandis.
– Family of farmers who have been sued in Maharashtra will get financial assistance.