Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation through his monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat:
– Before Mann Ki Baat, I get so many messages, thoughts and ideas on MyGov, Narendra Modi App, by post.
– Greetings to the people of Gujarat and Maharashtra on their respective statehood days. Both Gujarat and Maharashtra have contributed greatly to Indias development.
– Temperatures are rising. No wonder this time when I asked for suggestions for Mann Ki Baat, people wrote about the summers.
– I have noticed children have taken a lead when it comes to putting a bowl of water for birds during the summers. A few days ago, Mr Jagat Kinkhabwala wrote to me about his efforts to save the sparrow. Such efforts must be encouraged. During summers, many people come to our homes…postmen, milkmen, vegetable sellers…always offer them water.
– My young friends, make these holidays about new experiences, new skills and new placesgo out of your comfort zone. Pursue sports in the holidays. Also go play with children of nearby areas.
– I am sure there is so much to learn…and people have so much to teach. These must meet & new skills must be taught and learnt.
– Do some thing out of the box. India is full of diversities. Try learning a language. Go learn swimming or drawing.
– I urge my young friends to get more and more people use the BHIM App during these holidays.
Removing red beacons on the car is one thing. We are ensuring the VIP culture is removed from the minds of the select few ‘VIPs’. New India is not about VIP. It is about EPI – every person is important.
– On May 5, India will launch South Asia Satellite. It is important step by India to enhance cooperation with entire South Asia.
– When people mark Labour Day on May 1, we remember Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar and his role for the welfare of workers.
– We are happy to mark 1,000th Jayanti of Shri Ramanujacharya. He contributed immensely to society and social equality.
– Let us devote ourselves towards a transformed India.