The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune and the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR), Pune have notified the exam schedule for IUCAA NCRA Admission Test (INAT 2015).The exam is scheduled to be conducted on December 10. The competitive exam is a gateway for candidates to secure a research scholarship towards a Ph.D degree at any of the two institutes, IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR.
The paper pattern for the exam is detailed below:
- The written exam will be for a duration of two hours
- The paper will have two parts, A and B
- Part A will comprise of twenty objective-type questions on basic Mathematics, Physics and Electronics
- Part B will also carry twenty objective-type questions from advanced Physics, Mathematics and Electronics/Engineering
- The candidates have to choose one option from the given four options for each question
- The exam will carry negative marking. Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer, and one mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- The interested and eligible candidates may apply online at the official website, www.ncra.tifr.res.in. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their applications. These shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the written exam, and those who clear this exam will be eligible to appear for the interview round. Only those candidates who clear all three rounds will be eligible for admission.
- The last date for submission of online application forms is September 15
- The last date for submission of online assessment forms is September 18
- The written test will be held on December 10
- The interview round will be conducted on December 10 and 11