Nagpur: Maharashtra Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar, replying to the marathon debate on the issues of Vidarbha and Marathwada initiated under Rule 293 in Legislative Assembly, first took a dig at NCP leader Jayant Patil. “People in Vidarbha and Marathwada must have been overjoyed by the outpouring love and affection showed by Jayant Patil during the debate. But Patil conveniently forgot that during the 15-year rule by Congress-NCP Front the regions were meted out with injustice,” retorted Mungantiwar.
The Finance Minister further said that it was BJP-Shiv Sena Government that issued GR on October 15, 2015 and provided job opportunities for youths in Vidarbha and Marathwada. In Nagpur Division, 58 posts of BDOs out of 63 were filled. Similarly, in Amravati and Aurangabad Divisions, 55 posts of BDOs out of 56 and 74 posts of 76 were filled respectively. The Jalyukta Shivar scheme was appreciated by Prime Minister as well as Rajasthan Chief Minister. Under Revenue Department, 923 posts in Nagpur Division, 731 posts in Amravati and 1176 posts in Aurangabad were filled up. Irrigation facilities are being provided in massive proportions under Prime Minister Agriculture Irrigation Scheme. The Chief Minister has set up ‘War Room’ to ensure that stalled projects are completed. The Irrigation Corporation has been strengthened and empowered to take decisions. The Rs 239.36 crore backlog pertaining to Health Department will be removed by March, 2016. A provision of Rs 1039 crore has been made to get rid of agriculture pump backlog in 2015-16. A fund of Rs 819 crore has already been spent until November 2015. Special provisions have been made for farm ponds. Industries are being set up in MIHAN. In this connection, an investment of Rs 9104 crore has been assured, stated the Finance Minister.
Other highlights of Mungantiwar’s reply:
• Airports in Amravati, Akola, Latur, Osmanabad, Chandrapur, Gondia and other smaller cities to be turned commercial.
• Rs 500 crore to be spent in next two years for construction of roads in 19 districts of Vidarbha and Marathwada.
• A White Paper on Government’s speech will be issued.
• A dental College will be opened in Washim.
• Orders issued for appointment of 757 doctors on posts lying vacant in the regions.
• Rs 2400 crore relief announced for orange growers.
• Orange processing centre to be opened in Morshi with the help of Coca Cola and Jain Irrigation Company.
• MIHAN Project will be completed totally.
• Logistic Hub will be created in MIHAN.
• Focus on boosting tourism in Vidarbha and Marathwada.
• Forest cover will be enhanced in Marathwada to deal with drought.
• 99 crore trees will be planted in the next three years.
• Killing of farm-damaging nilgais, wild boars has been permitted.
The Finance Minister concluded his reply with the remark that the episodes of farmers’ suicides began during the 15-year rule of Congress-NCP Government because of faulty planning.
Rajeev Ranjan Kushwaha ( firstname.lastname@example.org )