Nagpur: Two incidents of fire, one at SBI Branch in Wardhaman Nagar and the other at three huts in Jaripatka, were reported in city on Friday.
According to Fire Brigade sources, a fire broke out at Wardhaman Nagar Branch of State Bank of India in the wee hours. Property worth Rs 6 lakh was destroyed in the inferno. The SBI Branch is situated in the premises of Chetan Bagadia’s house. The fire, most probably caused by a short circuit, was first noticed at 5 am. Immediately, the Branch Manager Yogesh Kargaonkar was informed about the fire who in turn alerted the Fire Brigade. The Fire Brigade rushed 4-5 tenders to the spot and brought the flames under control. The fire took the toll of a bank server, computer, two ACs, 10 batteries, furniture amounting to Rs 6 lakh.
In the second incident, a gas cylinder exploded engulfing a hut in Samata Nagar of Panchpaoli around 11.30 am on Saturday. The fire spread so rapidly that two more adjoining huts became victims. Soon panic peaked and the nearby residents started pulling out their gas cylinders and other households to safer places. Soon after being informed about the fiery incident, fire tenders were rushed to the spot from Civil Lines, Sugat Nagar, Kalamna and Ganjikhet Fire Stations for firefighting operation. The huts in the area are usually occupied by labourers.
The figure of loss or any human casualty could not be ascertained immediately as the dousing of the fire was still going on till the filing of the report.