An old and dilapidated building in Ganeshpeth area caught fire at around 12:45 am. As soon as the Fire Department personnel received a call they dispatched a fire tender to Ganeshpeth. The house is one of really old structures in that area.
The house belongs to Dr Ramchandra Dhoble aged 80 years. He was residing in the house along with his wife and two sons. The house is situated near Kumbhalkar College, Ganeshpeth.
When the fire could not be controlled by one fire tender, two more fire tenders from Fire Department of Cotton Market was dispatched to the spot. After fighting the fire for one hour, the fire was brought under control. No damage to any life was reported.
Dr Dhoble while speaking to media claimed that goods worth around Rs 7-8 lakhs were destroyed in the fire.
Till the time of filing the story, the cause of fire could not be ascertained. However, the fire personnel suspect, that short-circuit could be the cause for the fire.