Burrito is a mexican dish which can be very easily made to suit our indian flavour and taste. It is a complete meal very delicious and satisfying. Here is a basic recipe which can be modified in hundreds of ways to suit to individual taste.
Chicken breasts (boneless skinless) – 2
Tortilla – 4
Beans – 2 cups (any beans soaked and cooked)
Seasoning mix* – 2 tblsp (chilly powder, corriander powder, garam masala)
Tomato – 1
Salsa – 3 tblsp
Cheese – as needed
Sour cream – for garnish
Cilantro – for garnish
Green Chillies – 2-3 (for garnish)
Oil – 1 tblsp
* as per taste
Roll over one side
1. Cook the chicken breast separately, shread it into small pieces.
2. Take a pan, heat some oil and fry up the shredded chicken. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat some more oil in the same pan. Add the cooked beans with little water.
4. Add any seasoning mix according to your taste. I made it indian style with little chilly powder, corriander powder, garam masala and salt. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the shredded chicken, salsa and cheese to this and mix everything. Switch off after everything blends well.
6. Take a flour tortilla and heat it on a griddle or microwave as per package directions.
7. Place the filling in the middle and garnish with some fresh chopped tomatoes, green chillies, cilantro and sour cream.
8. Fold it as shown in the picture.
– Cheese can be reduced or totally skipped if needed.
– The filling can be changed and seasoned as per individual taste.
– Generally black beans is used for burritos. I have used red beans since that was what i had on hand.