Published On : Thu, Oct 3rd, 2013

VNIT students witness hell of a mess in a true sense as a lizard is found in their food in mess

VNITNagpur News.

The hell of a mess was poisonously witnessed by the VNIT students when they found a lizard in their food served in the mess. The timely detection of the lizard in food averted a disaster as the consumption of the food could have proved fatal. However, the mess contractor, very aptly paid the price for the grave lapse as the contract was terminated immediately.

However, according to sources, the incident triggered flutters and provoked the Post-Graduate students to resort to creating a ruckus and the VNIT Director’s residence was targeted by the students who gheraoed him. The outrageous mood of the students forced the Hostel Committee call a meeting in order to pacify the students and arrange food at another mess.

Dean of the Students’ Welfare Department, Dr G P Singh said: “We are taking the issue seriously and terminated the contract of the mess owner immediately. We have arranged breakfast and lunch for students in another mess.”
The institute has given the responsibility of the mess to a new contractor, he further informed. As a precautionary measure, the Institute has formed a team of institute medical officials to ensure that no student falls ill.