Nagpur: The Women and Child Welfare Committee of Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) on Thursday held a meeting in view of upcoming ‘Mahila Udyojika Melawa’ (Women Entrepreneurs Gathering) being organized by NMC from December 28 in city and reviewed the preparations. The ‘Mahila Udyojika Melawa’ is organized every year and is aimed at empowering women and making them self-sufficient at all levels.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chairperson of the Committee Ashvini Jichkar said the Women Entrepreneurs Gathering, organized by NMC, will be held from December 28, 2014 to January 4, 2015at Kasturchand Park in the city. It will be inaugurated by Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari. During the ‘Melawa,’ various programmes, including cultural programmes are being organized to showcase the event, said Jichkar.
The meeting was attended by Deputy Chairperson of the Committee Sangita Kalamkar, members Prabhatai Jagnade, Usha Nishitkar, Bhavna Dhakne, Saroj Bahadure, Vidya Lonare, Malu Vanve, Sujata Kombade, Shabana Mohd Jamal, Seema Raut, former Mayor Vasundhara Masurkar, Pushpa Ghode, Neeta Thakre, Vishakha Maind, Health Officer Dr Savita Meshram, Education Officer Deependra Lokhande, Social Welfare Officer Sudha Iraskar, and others.
A core committee will be formed for the event which will comprise social workers, nutritional experts, Nagpur Chamber of Commerce, Vidarbha Industries Association, Vidarbha Economic Development, along with city’s Chartered Accountants, doctors and journalists. Following are programmes of the Women Entrepreneurs Gathering:
• December 28: Inauguration in the presence of Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and other prominent personalities.
• December 29: Various cultural programmes including various competitions for women like Traditional Fancy Dress, Fashion Show, Cookery competition, Salad and Flower Decoration competition etc.
• December 30: Mumbai-based Mahila Bank Chairman Chetana Singh will guide Micro Finance Workshop. Training programme in Gift Packaging.
• December 31: Programme on financial planning by Mitcon.
• January 1: Organization of Women’s Band, Orchestra.
• January 2: Bhajan (Devotional song) contest.
• January 3: Various programmes, competitions for children. Essay and drawing contests on “Swachch Bharat Abhiyan.”
• Concluding function. Prize and Certificate distribution.