Published On : Fri, Jul 15th, 2016

Tragedy strikes at NCC Camp as a cadet is electrocuted to death

Crime logo

Representational Pic

Tragedy struck at an NCC Camp when a cadet lost his life after receiving electric shock in the evening hours of Thursday (July 14, 2016). The NCC Camp is being held in Wardha. The deceased has been identified as Senior Division Cadet Bhushan Meharkure, a student of RST College, Chimur (Chandrapur).

The tragic incident occurred when a police water tanker came to fill water at Chintamani College, Wardha at about 7.45 pm on Thursday where the NCC Camp was underway. The tanker had an electric motor mounted on it. Water was to be transferred from the tanker to a plastic water tank with the help of this motor. NCO Chandan Shadashiv was plugging cable of the motor in the socket which was at a considerable height and the Cadet Bhushan Meharkure was holding the aluminum ladder. Due to short circuit or electrical leakage, the NCO got a shock and fell down. The Cadet Bhushan Meharkure also suffered electric shock as he was holding the ladder. Both were immediately taken to Civil Hospital, Wardha, where Cadet Bhushan Meharkure was declared dead. NCO Chandan Shadashiv was hospitalized but suffered no major injuries.

Body of deceased has been handed over to his family after the necessary postmortem. Report of postmortem is awaited.