Nagpur: In what may be called a pathetic incident of death, a 15-month old child got drowned in a bucketful of water. The incident occurred at Kamgar Colony, Subhash Nagar, under Pratap Nagar police station, yesterday.
According to police, the child, named Mahi Mahendra Sahare (15), belonging to the Sahare family living on rent at the house of Ajay Neware in Kamgar Colony, was playing in the courtyard of her house, and during the course of her sporting she started playing with the water filled in a bucket which was kept in the courtyard, and accidentally she fell into it.
When her family members started searching for her, they were shocked to see the sight in which the child’s head was down and legs up in the bucket-water. She was then immediately rushed to Orange City Hospital where the doctors declared her dead.
The incident then was reported by child’s mother, Pushpa, to the police. Having registered the incident as a case of accidental death, and further investigation is underway.