Published On : Fri, Oct 14th, 2016

Timely intervention prevents major fire in Gurudev Lodge in Modi No-3

gurudev-lodge-fire-3
Nagpur: Packing material of gift item catches fire in Gurudev Lodge situated in Modi No 3 at around 12: 20 pm on October 14, 2016.

According to sources, the fire is a result of short-circuit. This Gurudev Lodge owned and run by Raghtate Brothers is one of the oldest lodges in Nagpur. Many wooden boxes in which costly breakable gift items had arrived yesterday. After removing the gift articles, the paper scrapes and other woodwool material were stacked one upon the other.

Suddenly at around 12: 20 pm, the employees notices smoke emanating from the boxes. Before anyone could react, the boxes caught fire and smoke filled the entrance of Gurudev Lodge.

Someone immediately called the fire brigade and the fire-engine from Ganeshpeth Fire Station was dispatched to the spot and timely action by the fire-department personnel led by Station Officer G Gawande prevented the fire from assuming major proportions.

Nothing of significant value was destroyed in the fire.

gurudev-lodge-fire-1
gurudev-lodge-fire-2
gurudev-lodge-fire-4