Nagpur: Most of the key documents kept in the record room at Nagpur railway station went up in flames as a major fire broke there on Monday afternoon. The record is located near the entrance of the Nagpur Main Railway Station. The actual cause of the accident was yet to ascertained however sources hinted that fire sparked through short circuit.
According to sources, at around 9:30 am, some people noticed smoke emanating from the windows of the record room. Soon the matter was reported and before long, nearly two fire engines were called and the personnel of Fire Department brought the fire under control and extinguished the fire.
However, the news of fire in the railway station caused panic among passengers and those who had come to send off their loved ones or friends.