Cops unravel the truth in the probe claimed Police Commissioner
Nagpur: It could be recalled that a news was aired claiming two accused riding on a travera had fired at a 28-year-old young transporter near Shilpa Rolling Mills near Pili Nadi.
When the Detective Branch Squad of the Yashodhara Nagar Police Station probed into the alleged firing at the young transporter registered vide case No 219/2015 under Sections 307 and 34 of Indian Penal Code and sub-section 3/25 and sub-section 135 of Maharashtra Police Act it came to fore that the victim had staged the whole drama.
While addressing the press conference Additional Police Commissioner (Crime) Shrikant Tarwade gave the following information.
During the investigation, it came to fore that the victim had allegedly staged the drama of being fired at. He was said to be the main accused in the entire case. However the exact cause of staging the entire drama of being fired at was not revealed.
On sustained interrogation, it also came to fore that infact Mushtaq Ashrafi was an illegal arms trader. He was helped by co-accused Sallu alias Feroz Ali, a resident of Yadav Nagar and another co-accused Muntaj Moh, Mumtaz Rasool Rah residents of Mominpura in selling the illegal arms.
Based on the secret tip off, when the cops of Crime Branch took Mumtaz Rasool Rah into custody and interrogated him, very vital information came to fore. The information said that the above mentioned accused used to sell illegal arms to many persons in the city. He also revealed the names of all those people whom they sold illegal arms to. The Nagpur Crime branch raided the persons residences and recovered 7 Mausers and 7 live rounds.
The arrested accused include
- Shahbaz Wasi Insan Ali Ansari aged 27 years and a resident of Teka Habib Nagar, Panchpaoli area,
- Israr Ahmed Mumtaz Ahmed and a resident of Mominpura, Tehsil area
- Abhishek alias Vicky Sharma and a resident of Lalganj, Baripura, Lakadganj,
- Abdul Wahid alias Khokha Wajid Quereshi aged 31 years and resident of Flat No 303, Prerna Apartments, Friends Colony, Gittikhadan and
- Amerender Singh Hamrendra Singh Bagga aged 22 years and resident of Pratap Nagar Square,
- Mohsin Ahmed Asrar Ahmed resident of Saifi Nagar Mominpura
- Abdul Alim Abdul Aziz aged 29 years and a resident of Indira Mata Nagar, Yashodhara Nagar
- Mohammed Mumtaz Asa Mohammed Rasul Khan aged 29 years and a resident of Mominpura.
The Crime Branch personnel has seized illegal arms and live rounds from their possession. The Crime Branch also registered cases against these accused in the police stations under whose jurisdiction these accused resided.
The cops are investigating into the case of illegal arms that were sized from the accused and are trying to investigate about the procurement of the arms, place from where they were acquired or procured etc.
The cops are also investigating if many other persons have purchased these illegal arms from these accused.
The senior police officials who were present during the press meet include Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Deepali Masirkar, Assistant Commissioner of Police Nilesh Raut and the team of Crime Branch.