But the OCW authorities are recovering crores of rupees from NMC and consumers by applying high-standard material rates thus indulging in fraudulent means
Nagpur News: The irresponsible and haphazard working style of Orange City Water (OCW) is likely to be nailed if the Nagpur police officials act on a complaint lodged by Anand Narayanrao Jammu (Popularly called Jammu Anand) Secretary, Bharatiya Communist Party’s Nagpur District Council.
Jammu Anand in his complaint to police said, the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) has been given a contract OCW for 24×7 water supply and water connections. Accordingly, the OCW is carrying out new water connection works in place of age old water connections. The new water connections require the specific materials like water meters, ball valves, MDPE pipes, GE pipes, and sandals etc.
According to contract terms, the OWC recovers specific amounts from NMC and consumers as well for replacing old water connections with new ones. However, Jammu Anand said, the OCW is indulging in massive financial irregularities by way of inferior quality of materials being used in the new water connections but recovering the amounts both from NMC as well as consumers at the rates of high-standard materials thus in a way looting the NMC and consumers, too, in crores.
The following tables adequately prove the difference between the materials being used by the OCW and the actual materials must be used by the company. The rates also differ between the materials being used and the materials supposed to be used in accordance with the contract terms and conditions. The difference amounts to crores of rupees as about three lakh old water connections are to be replaced with new ones. The OCW is thus robbing the NMC of crores of rupees by dubious means in broad daylight.
The OCW’s declared rates of various materials to be utilized in the new connections.
1) Water Meter One number Rate Rs 1484.68 Amount Rs 1484.68
2) Ball Valve One number Rate Rs 239.95 Amount Rs 239.95
3) MDPE pipe One metre Rate Rs 139.82 Amount Rs 139.82
4) GI pipe One metre Rate Rs 155.74 Amount Rs 155. 74
The rates of materials being purchased by the OCW and used in new water connections.
1) Particulars: Zenner Domestic Unit One Number Per unit value Rs 887
Water Meter Class – B
ISO 4964 15 mm
2) Presto EF Tapping TEE Unit One number Per unit value Rs 351
110×290 mm with
3) MDPE pipe
4) GI pipe
5) Ball valve 15 mm
The table of difference between various rates of materials being used by the OCW.
Water Meter Unit: 1 Company’s purchase rate Rates recovered from NMC/
2) Ball valve Unit : 1 Company’s purchase rate Rate recovered from NMC/Consumers Difference
3) MDPE pipe Unit: 1 Company’s purchase rate Rates recovered from NMC/Consumers Difference
Rs 34 Rs 139 Rs 105
4) GI pipe Unit: 1 Company’s purchase rate Rates recovered from NMC/Consumers Difference
Rs 90 Rs 155 Rs 65
5) Sandal Unit: 1 Company’s purchase rate Rates recovered from NMC/Consumers Difference
Moreover, the consumers who want new water connections , left with no choice, are forced to pay the difference. It means the company is looting the NMC and consumers of crores of rupees by the way of almost doubling the charges of materials being used by the OCW. And that too using inferior quality of materials in the new connections, Jammu Anand claimed.
He demanded the Police Commissioner to initiate severe action against the OCW authorities for indulging in fraudulent means and cheating, robbing the NMC and the consumers of crores of rupees.