Nagpur: The Standing Committee of Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) seems to be in a hurry to win the poll race and also the code of conduct hurdle. Keeping in mind the election schedule (NMC poll is likely to be held in Feb 2017), the Committee held a meeting, the second in as many days, and approved a plethora of development works. The decisions arrived at the meeting are as follows:
• Contract of M/s N G Agrawal for transportation of tar from Hot Mix Plant in MIDC Hingna was cancelled and awarded to M/s Cruise Roadways. The contract is worth Rs 59 lakh.
• M/s Giti Constructions was given Rs 24 lakh work of construction of safety wall along Nag River passing through Prabhag 26.
• Rs 23.65 lakh contract for concrete pavement construction in Prabhag 33 awarded to M/s Bhole Constructions.
• Rs 93.32 lakh work for carrying out various works such as LPG run crematorium and others at Sahakar Nagar and Manewada crematoriums was given to M/s Deep Constructions.
• Work of construction of RCC wall along a nallah in Prabhag 28 awarded to M/s Patel and Sharma Infratech. The contract is worth Rs 25.97 lakh.
• A proposal to purchase and set up a new batchmix plant, machines, vehicles on rent basis for NMC’s Hot Mix Plant Department approved. An amount of Rs 14.14 crore was sanctioned.
• M/s Gurdayal Raut given contract to build Rs 22.65 lakh cement concrete road in Prabhag 33.
• Streetlights in all 10 zones will be changed with LED bulbs, damaged cables of streetlights to be changed, damaged poles will be replaced with new ones, and other works will be carried out on the basis of equeted monthly installment.
• The tenders invited to renewate lighting arrangement on Metro route as well as Ring Road on regular payment basis and maintenance for 99 months were revised with new rates and approved. The zone-wise works were awarded to M/s Sadhana Electric Works for Zone 1, M/s Nishant Electric Works for Zone 2, M/s Sone Electricals for Zones 3, 4, 7, Zone 5 contract to M/s Dutt Electricals, Zone 6 work for M/s Link Enterprises, Zone 8 work to Rahul Constructions, Zone 9 contract to Anil Electricals and Associates and the Zone 10 contract has been awarded to Balaji Associates.